When : Saturday, 15th of July, 2023
Where : At the Mahamevnawa Buddhist Monastery monks' residence
Cost : The retreat is offered free of charge. Your generous donations are welcome.
Language : English
Lunch & Tea/Coffee : Free of Charge
Buddhism, such an insightful philosophy, as well as a peaceful religion shows us the path to inner peace and gladness of life through the feelings of spiritual qualities. With the original Buddhist teachings from the Pali-Canon, here you have the opportunity to learn the most profound teachings of the Buddha and incredible methods of mind training to the true happiness and insight practices that bring you real freedom and highest liberation.
Join us for learning and practicing the teachings of the Buddha. There will be periods of silent and guided meditation sessions with Buddhist teachings.
□ Everyone has the chance to take the Eight Precepts for the day. Taking precepts is optional.
The Eight Precepts are:
08. 00 a.m “ Namo Buddhaya ! ” - The Homage to the Buddha.
08. 15 am Taking Eight Precepts. ( Optional but recommended )
08. 20 a.m Instructions for the Breathing Meditation.
08. 30 a.m Guided and Silent Breathing Meditation.
09. 30 a.m Tea break.
09. 45 a.m “ The Life Like a Heavenly Being ” - Dharma Talk on Metta, Loving - Kindness.
10. 15 a.m Meditation on Metta, Loving - Kindness.
10. 45 a.m Chanting and Meal Offering to the Buddha.
10. 55 a.m “ Sangha Dana ” - The Alms Offerings to Monks.
11. 00 a.m Reflection of Alms Food and Lunch Meal.
11. 45 a.m The End of the Lunch Time and Break.
12. 30 p.m Chanting for a Calm Mind.
01. 00 p.m " The Nature of the Mind " - Dharma Talk
02. 00 p.m Breathing Meditation.
02. 30 p.m Tea Break.
03. 00 p.m Vipassana Meditation. Understanding Impermanence.
03. 30 p.m Q and A Session.
03. 40 p.m Merit Sharing and Noble Blessings for Well-being.
03. 50 p.m Cleanup.
04. 00 p.m The End.
□ Lunch is provided at no cost to participants. You can wear anything that is comfortable. Some people like to wear white, but this is totally optional.
□ We will have cushions and chairs to sit on, but if you have a cushion and a mat, please bring them along.
□ Never been to one of our retreats before? Find out what to expect.
□ If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.